I’m no financial expert. But thanks to the magic of the Internet, I don’t have to be. Browse these resources at your leisure and learn more about setting competitive rates, managing your freelance income, and preparing for retirement.
Setting Freelance Rates
- How to Set Your Freelance Writing Rates by Brian Scott
- The WritersMarket.com Pay Rate Chart (requires subscription)
- Setting a Freelance Writing Rate Equal to the Task by Deborah Ng
- Talking Money With Clients: Increasing Your Freelance Writing Rates by Jennifer Mattern
Freelance Spending & Budgets
- It’s Not the Money, It’s You – Why You Should Track Your Spending by LaToya Irby
- Freelance Writing Budget by Kathryn Lang
- Writing for Money – Managing an Unpredictable Cash Flow for Freelance Writers by Laurie Pawlik-Kienlen
Retirement for Freelancers
- Retirement Planning From a Freelancer’s Viewpoint by Thursday Bram
- Individual 401(k) Contribution Calculator for the Self-Employed from AARP.org
- Freelancers Retirement Plan from Freelancers Union
There is a wealth of information out there to help freelancers manage their income and expenses and plan for the future. Keep digging!
What are you doing to manage your freelance money wisely?
Photo credit: msquanna