It’s Not 2012…Yet!
For me, the week between Christmas and New Year’s can be a teensy bit angsty. It’s traditional for me to spend this time coming down off my Holiday High™ while simultaneously being overcome with the desire to clean, purge and organize. I’ve got leftovers to pitch, cabinets to empty, household goods to donate and clutter to get the hell out of my house before it makes me completely crazy.
So much stuff to throw away, so little time.
In order to slow time down a bit though, I’m contemplating some of the things I accomplished this year. I’m giving myself a moment to feel satisfied before rushing headlong into 2012. After all, it’s been a pretty good year, and all those chores will wait a few more days. Here’s a brief list for 2011:
Books I Read in 2011
Food I Ate in 2011
Things I Wrote in 2011
- How to Get Deadbeat Clients to Pay Up
- When Does Part-Time Copywriting (vs. Full-Time) Make More Sense
- Writers Talking Writers
- “The Big One” (part of the Boob Stories charity anthology)
Questions I Answered in 2011
- Truth About Assistants: Interview with Emily Suess
- Emily Suess: Someone Kind of Like Queen Latifah from That Movie
Things I Was Proud of in 2011
Photo credit: yalcineren