Submit a Guest Post
Please choose a topic that is relevant to the content published on this blog. Topics about writing, blogging, and freelancing are always a great choice. Personal stories and fiction are also welcome, though you might find it more difficult to get approval on a work of fiction.
If you’d like to submit a guest post for consideration or run an idea by me first, email me at emily at emilysuess dot com. If you’d like me to write a guest post for your blog in return, please mention that in your correspondence. I’d be happy to return the favor.
Guest Post Details
- Original content only, please.
- While I may still publish longer posts, aim for a post from 400 to 600 words, excluding your bio.
- Include a 2 or 3 sentence bio with links to your blog or website, Twitter profile and Facebook page.
- Attach a logo or head shot in the email with your guest post.
- Save your links for the author bio and avoid being spammy. My readers are smart, and they’ll figure you out.
- Reply to the comments on your post after it’s live.
Please note that I may edit your post or title to correct spelling or grammatical errors, improve searchability, or to ensure proper formatting on my site.
I reserve the right to reject posts that are more promotional than valuable and posts that are offensive or otherwise not suitable for Suess’s Pieces.